I made Cilantro Lime Rice this week to provide a cozy little bed for some Chipotle Chickpea Sofritas. If you love Cilantro Lime Rice from Chipotle, now you can make it at home. It takes about 30 minutes, and most of the time is hands-off simmering.
Cilantro Lime Rice is a perfect base or side dish for something spicy – fajita meat or veggies, Pressure Cooker Chipotle Chicken Thighs, chili, carnitas, or taco-seasoned ground beef. I have big plans for this recipe. I’m going to stuff it in breakfast burritos and add it to sweet potato taco bowls and serve it alongside grilled fish with mango salsa.
Or, I’m going to eat it all… right out of the pan.
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp lime juice about one large lime
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in rice and add bay leaf. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add water and salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, or until moisture is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Let rice stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and discard.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro, and serve.